Monday, October 24, 2011


Dear Mimi, I love you dearest, do you love me?

Do you remember the big flood we had last May 2011. It was a doozie. Wow. It was really a big one. It was the 100 year flood of the Mississippi.

Once upon a time there was some water. I mean a whole lot of water. I remember water everywhere, water everywhere. The river was calm.
When I look at this image I took I feel a sense of peace and tranquility. It soothes my soul so very much.

It was sunset. The color of the water was almost pink, it was absolutely beautiful. Breathtaking is another way way to describe it. I wish you could have seen it just like we did that Sunday evening. (Mimi was right by my side) Peacefulness and quiet. It was almost surreal. I loved the scene. There is no other way to describe what we saw that quiet Sunday evening. No other soul was nearby or even remotely around that evening. Me oh my! Incredible! Just incredible! We should always be eternally grateful to God for his kindness and generosity.

Mimi, I love you more than life itself. You are the best.

John
October 28th, 2011































2 comments:

  1. omg dad!!!! this is a great entry! I love your description of your beautiful photo. keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful! what beautiful writing! you really have a talent
    with the written word dad!!
    thanks for sharing,
    mia

    ReplyDelete